As a consortium, the Texas Digital Library depends upon the active participation of its members and users to be successful. TDL Users Groups, Working Groups, and committees provide opportunities for member contributions focused on particular services, professional roles, and projects.
Current Active User Groups and Working Groups
The Vireo Users Group gathers and prioritizes constituent needs to guide TDL on future development of the Vireo ETD submission and management software. It also provides avenues for the exchange of information about Vireo use and development.
The goals and major activities of the VUG include:
- Prioritized lists of user stories are given to the TDL development team.
- A vote on how product enhancements should be prioritized is conducted once a year. The Steering Committee selects the enhancements to be included in the vote.
- Meetings are held at the annual user conference. These meetings give members a forum to express opinions and discuss issues, in person, with other members.
- The list of enhancements and other documentation are organized and made available on the VUG website.
Survey Working Group
The TDL Survey Working Group was convened in June 2012 to develop and conduct a survey of the TDL membership and others to determine needs related to TDL services, marketing, and organization. The Survey Working Group will issue recommendations based on the survey to the TDL Governing Board in the fall of 2012.
The Metadata Working Group provides the TDL with general metadata expertise and addresses the following needs:
- developing best practices for metadata;
- educating stakeholders on all aspects of metadata;
- providing guidance on current status and future trends in metadata development.